June 30, 2017
Using Pinterest to Find New Customers
Did you know that Pinterest is the second largest search engine in the world that Google doesn’t own? In the last year, Pinterest has reached over 150 million monthly users making it a great marketing tool for your business. Here’s a quick tutorial on getting started with Pinterest from Social Media Worldwide:
Pinterest can be a very powerful and FREE way for you to find new customers. It is used more frequently as a search engine rather than a social media site. Keep in mind, many people use Pinterest when searching for a new home, a time when moving will be top of mind.
Some fun facts on how Pinterest can help you get more customers:
- 93% of users have used the site to plan for a future purchase while 87% have credited Pinterest as the reason for buying a certain product. This is HUGE and showcases the need and importance of using Pinterest for your business.
- Over 5% of all referral traffic (each day) to websites comes from Pinterest. This comes in second only to Facebook.
- 50% of Pinterest users make, on average, over $50k per year and 10% make over $125k per year. They’re shoppers looking for solutions to problems (such as moving help and tips) and are ready to purchase.
- The average half-life of a Pinterest pin is 3.5 months which is 1,680 times longer than that of Facebook. This is great for advertising because it means content continues to get clicks and traffic over a long period of time.
- Unlike other social media platforms, you don’t need a lot of followers to get free organic traffic from Pinterest as group boards allow you to borrow other people’s followers.
Although there’s so much you can do with Pinterest, a lot of marketers don’t use it properly simply because they don’t know how. If you aren’t familiar with Pinterest, you can check it out here: https://www.pinterest.com/. It’s easy to set up a business account and the best part is that it’s FREE.
Here are a few users to follow on Pinterest for ideas:
If you don’t have time to manage your Pinterest business account, you can look into having your office manager do it for you or hiring a virtual assistant to help with social media. You can add Oncue’s instant booking product straight to your Pinterest page, making it quick and easy for potential customers to get instant quotes and book their move with you.
What are your tips for using Pinterest? What other tips would you like to see to help you better understand how to use it for your business? We’d love your feedback!
Leave A Comment